Wednesday, February 02, 2005

An Unborn Love

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It was that fateful day in August when I caught up with destiny capturing that very special moment in time. I met you. Your charm pierced the heart that would be yours forever. The days to come, as I know it, would never be the same again.

I wake up at mornings with a smile and face another day of great expectations. Each new sunrise gave me the hope that perhaps today, you would knock at my door. You stand no different from any other women. And yes, there are a lot of them far better than you. But my heart desires only one woman in jeans… you. As you speak, I can hear your voice echoing across my room, overpowering and drowning all existence within me.

I never expected this to happen, that I would ever feel this way. Was it your voice? Was it your smile? Was it your face? Or your wits that I’ve found so attractive? Why you who is oceans apart from me? Why you whose photographs, letters, text messages, and phone calls are all that I could hold on to? A thousand questions ring in my mind but no book can give me an answer.

It all ends at dusk. Everything around me weeps at sunset when all expectations are broken. Tasting the sweet teardrops flowing down my lips, my eyes call up to the stars in heaven and gently they say, “Tomorrow will be another sunrise.” And so, taking comfort in these words, I dream of you at twilight...

But I have pained your heart that i dreamt of owning forever. I was also wounded but you were hurt more...

Time passes by but my love for you remained. For a long time, I have kept it inside me. I wanted to seek you again but I never did for fear of rejection and to keep what pride I have left from being hurt. And although it hurts me so, I knew that my emotions would be left unanswered. And so I am left with no other choice but to be content with what I have – a love that can never be lost, for it was never really gained.

I looked at the coming year with the brightness of the rising sun, hoping that each new sunrise brings you peace and happiness. Yet, I took it with the deepest gloom for I finally bid farewell to someone I have considered very special. That day when my heart was left shattered where it has never been really touched. That day when I ended an unborn love. For now, I will sit, wait, and hope believing that someday another love will find its way to me. Another love that I will not let be left unborn.



*Note: This article is about my past long distance relationship. We broke up summer of 2004. We haven't seen each other in person yet, but I can proudly say that I truly loved this woman with all of me.

5 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Blogger CuteJugglerJeN said...

Love will find its way to you shao dont worry :) sabi nga ni kahlil gibran: "think not you can direct the course of love, for love, if it finds you worthy, directs your course."

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger NV said...

I like the thought that you ended your entry/post with the feeling of HOPE...that you believe in your heart that someone BETTER will come your way. There are things that are NEVER MEANT TO BE and no amount of energy, emotion, affection and what have you can change the course of things.

 
At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope, that's what i like about this piece. you should never loose hope of ever finding someone that fits that puzzle you so wanted to complete. soon there will be someone who'll share everything with you. remain hopeful. :)

-aRraH

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Summer Fire said...

CJ: i know, CJ ;) sabi nga, ang pag-ibig daw ay puno ng kabalintunaan (ironies) - kapag hinahanap mo, wala. pero kung kelan naman pagod ka na at umaayaw, tsaka naman darating at manunukso. AND besides, i haven't stopped believing.

NV: well, i'm a person who's full of hope :) and eventhough at times i wanted to hate love, i do not stop loving. love keeps me alive :)

ARRAH: so true! kanya-kanyang "katapat" lang yan ;)

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Angel Jayme said...

kaiyak ito. panalo! post mo sa peyups. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home